Monday, October 19, 2009

Late night/ early morning doodles

Got a ton of stuff done sunday by around 8 o'clock so I decided to lay down for a quick nap so I could get up later and maybe do a little more. Woke up face planted in my couch around 3 am haha. Guess I was tired. Then I couldn't sleep so I put on some music (Mastadon is bad ass and kinda funny to listen to when drawing pretty things...) and decided to draw some floral designs.... yeah. Actually been interested in these for a while, had a great stock image book of some design motifs for borders that I can't seem to find, maybe a friend has it. One of the things I did today was a quick color comp for a friend of a drawing she did for a business card, which had a floral design in it, was one of the more fun things I did sunday so decided to do some of my own. Thinking about exploring more symbolism in animals, plants and flowers and maybe using these in some paintings I've been wanting to do for a while. I'll probably do a digital proof before I do the paintings so I'll post those when they're done.