Monday, March 8, 2010

Feeling this.

Having a blast.  I've been thinking of painting this way for a while ever since I saw Ashley Woods work. This is truly the most fun I've had in a while, and I think it was about time I really looked at the way I produce my work and find a process that didn't feel monotonous and dull.  I like the way I painted before, don't get me wrong, although it just wasn't me I think and that's why it was like pulling teeth to get an image done, where as for this one I'm having a hard time walking away.  This is the second wash, just some burnt umber loosely applied, the next step being a darker color and a lighter color to push the contrast even more.  I think next time I'll leave less white of the board though, as it seems to be to bright at this point in certain areas.